Wednesday, September 3, 2014


ROACHES??? 

AND ONE YEAR MARK!


This week was really good and really fast.  Monday we ripped our apt apart because we have these beetle roach things that come in when it is humid outside and they attack so we bought a huge huge thing of bug spray and I sprayed every single corner until my little arm hurt haha and then this next Monday somehow they are making it in! What the? We decided to set a goal for how many we catch...currently as of this morning we are at 5. don't worry we are very clean and vacuum and all that jazz...they just get through our nasty old apt. 

As for the rest of the week it was awesome! we are continuing to work with some investigators and to help the members here. we do a lot of service in the community. This past week I went on exchanges down to Salisbury Delaware it is about a two hour drive one way. So we drove down there and I stayed in Salisbury for the night with another sister! we went and did a lot of finding and so many miracles happened within the hour. We stopped at a door and a man by the name of Enrique answered and we told him who we were and what we do. he said I have been waiting 15 years for someone to invite my to come to the lord. I just couldn't get myself to do it. this man had tears in his eyes and agreed to meet with us the next day. I am always so grateful to see that no efforts are wasted. although knocking on doors in probably the least effective, the Lord still blesses our efforts.


On Sunday it was our bishops last Sunday there so we had a big farewell party thing. We were supposed to have two of our investigators come and they couldn't come at the last minute so we were bummed. then right before church we looked at our phone and a former investigator that I worked with had text us and asked what time church started!

I have been studying patience and gratitude in preparing for a zone training that Sister Howard and I are going to be doing. As I have been studying I have been able to think about why the Lord tests us with patience. My mind goes back to these scriptures in D&C 98:25 and 26

When we bare circumstances with patience the lord promises us he will bless us doublefold. If it seems like our patience continually is tested the Lord has promised us he will bless us four-fold. I have thought of this scripture a lot throughout my mission and why things don't happen all at once. It seems like the Lord puts us through a "refiners" fire just to help us learn. but what I have continually found is at the end of that tunnel there is a Huge blessing waiting to happen.

I know that our lives are founded upon our Heavenly Fathers plan. That we have individual purposes here so that we can grow and become like Him.

I love this gospel and I am so grateful I have been able to be serving full time for a year now. I can't believe how much time has passed and how fast it has gone . Good thing I have 6 more beautiful months of growing and learning to do! see you soon!
1 YEAR AGO

TODAY - 1 YEAR LATER!


love,
Sister Steadman