Monday, July 7, 2014

RUNNING WITH SPARKLERS AND DOGS


This week was crazy. Literally Sister Nielson and I had to like force our eyes to stay open by the time we got to Sunday. It was crazy. Monday was just busy. Don't even ask me what we did I can't remember, something great.  We went on exchanges with the other sisters in Dover. That was fun. Sister Taylor and I went to an awesome hot dog place. practically the only place to eat here in Middle Town. (just kidding, I am being dramatic) but not quite.  We went and contacted a HQ referral and got a return appt. The girl was 18 and wanted us to come back the next day. Weird. So Sister Nielson and I went back the exact next day. We knocked. We had planned out all that we were going to teach. she let us in and we started teaching. Then she was like  " oh I have already taken all of the lessons, I lived with my sister in South Carolina for 1 month and she is a member" so we were like OK, this girl wants to be baptized or something. So we start reading in the Book of Mormon and she was said wait. don't you know I was baptized already? She got baptized two weeks ago and lives around the corner from us. CRAZY! we were like what the.... Anyways Tender Mercy! 

oh Sister Nielson and I made it on to some guys Candy connections facebook page! REPRESENT we were first buyers of his water ice! boom! look it up. candyconnections on fb. 

Thursday we had zone training and the Sister Training leaders went above and beyond for this one. It was awesome. We all got letters written from our parents on how much we have changed and then they had a slide show of pictures of us. What in the world!! That is so amazing!! My mind was blown. Thanks mom and dad! 

Friday was the Fourth of July... hmm. I am trying to even think of what we did. We did some cleaning for Sister Kemer! Love her. and then we went and visited some people. Then we went to a families house for dinner. They were fun. We were told that the fireworks were cancelled because of the weather. Then we were driving home at 9 (we had an extended curfew to 10....ohhoho crazy)  an all the sudden we see these people parked everywhere. so we hurried and drove to St. Andrews where Sister Kemer was an watched them.  It was pretty great! 


Saturday we had some BBQs, Met a family that is so amazing. The little boy came to church and he was the cutest. he came by himself and asked if he could have a Book of Mormon. and he was showing me his bible picture book. I just can't even explain how cute this kid is. We are going to start teaching him and his mom on Friday! I am excited. 

Sunday! OH MY GOSH!! so I was at a ladies house and we were about to start teaching when a little peanut dog named POODER comes on my lap and PEES! lSo nasty and I was trying to be so respectful and it got on my hands and I was like uhh do you mind if i wash my hands. the lady didn't even notice hahaha! I went over and scrubbed my skirt while Sister Nielson talked to her for like 20 minutes hahahah 

That is about it for this week. If there is one thing that I have taken from this week is becoming Perfected in Christ. It is either a burdening sounding thing or it is uplifting. You should read the ensign article about it from this month. its FANTASTIC! 

As for now I will be in Smyrna for another 6 weeks. Bring it on!!



Love you all!

Sister Carly Steadman