TURTLES
This week!!
Can't believe a year ago I was boating and now I am here in Delaware. Man time is crazy. So it has been a great and crazy week. I can never put into words what really goes on so just bare with these emails and I hope you get something out of them.
So we have been doing a lot of running around but what I really can remember is on Thursday we were driving to district meeting when I saw something slowly moving a crossed the road and it was a turtle so we stopped in the middle of the intersection to rescue it. Well we did and then we were leaving the meeting and found a baby turtle underneath the car! Turtles are everywhere here. Smyrna is a lot of corn fields and rivers and such so I guess it's their domain.
On a spiritual side of things we got a miracle referral. I don't know how Heavenly Father does it but he just find these amazing people and puts them in our path. A couple referred themselves online to meet us…. rarely does that happen. So we went and met them and they said to come back and bring us our study bibles. Well turns out they are on a spiritual journey and they have tons of family who are members. They are sweet - so we are going to start teaching them next week. I can definitely say that faith and prayer equals blessings.
For the longest time I have felt that there is a family prepared here and I still don't know exactly who it is. But we have had about 3 families we are teaching a lot so we are hoping we will be able to find out who they are and help them grow closer to the Savior.
Too often sad things happen - but this week I have noticed a lot of growth spiritually and an understanding of individuals agency. All I can do is tell them my testimony and it is their choice to choose to deny it. The power of the Spirit really can change one day from a sad beginning to an indescribable happy ending.
We went and met a family who is less active and currently moving. They haven't come to church in a long time but they are going through a lot. I noticed the little boy wore a CTR ring. It was incredible. Then the mom randomly said we have been reading the Book of Mormon every night and saying family prayers. It is incredible that when you go through hard times nothing in the world but the gospel can bring a family together and help them feel peace. That is what the Gospel is about. It is the Good news that will ALWAYs be the Good news.
Well hope you have a good week!!
Love,