Monday, May 19, 2014

ROUGH DAYS EQUAL LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Happy Pday!

What a wonderful day here! It was one of the Sisters Birthday from Downingtown and we decided to all go out for sushi and get pedicures... a spoiled missionary?  maybe. But turns out sushi was closed so we went and got Buffallo Wild Wings instead. That was pretty fun. then the pedicures were awesome. I got a special rock treatment... one of the members paid. It has been a good pday so far.

This week was alright. Not any huge miracles happened so it might not be as long of  a letter today. I am really sorry.  We were able to skype a name this week and she is planning on going to church.

We also had volleyball and had a HUGE turn out. It was so fun. We had people of all different ages. Our 17 year old investigator was able to come. She is continuing to work towards being baptized. We are all praying that she will be allowed to. 

Another funny thing that happened is last night we were at a members house for dinner. They were a pretty proper family. the mother is Greek. Well the cute little puppy hound dog  was really funny and hyper. Almost like my dog gizmo. I was wearing like lacy sock thing and he was underneath the table and kept  licking my toes and everyone was at the opposite end of the table all just talking... I kept moving my feet around hoping he would go away.... nope he thought I was playing and started to bite my feet hahaha we were all crying and laughing so hard it was awesome. 

On a spiritual note,  on Sunday it was really cool the Stake Patriarch of a shy 8 months came and spoke to the youth. We took our investigator to that. It was so neat to hear the Patriarchs side of things. I was so impressed.  One new thing I learned to do with your blessing is to study  and define words in you patriarchal blessing. He talked to Elder Robbins who is recently ordained to the President  the 70's.  Elder Robbins said he thinks that kids should get their blessing at a younger age with much fasting and prayer kids can be ready. President Hinckley got his when he was just 10. I learned a lot.  We also got to sing with the Downingtown ward sister missionaries in the Downtington Ward sacrament meeting.  I got to see  and sit in church by my Uncle Dennis  it is his ward.

We also met with Jim this week. We haven't seen him in a really long time so it was good to see him. He is still planning on being baptized in September! I might still be here then who knows. But we are hoping to help him get on the road to where he needs to be and start working a lot harder towards his date. 

That is about all for this week. I wish I could explain to you how much I love learning about the gospel. There is one thing that I have truly learned is how to be FEARLESS. My momma sure taught me what  courage is. Now i am learning how to act on that on my own!:) D&C 6:36

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
love you!