30 LESSONS THIS WEEK - CRAZY!
We were able to have 30 lessons this week which was CRAZY! lots of running around. Literally we were running around I can't even explain it.
It started with Monday we ended up spending the whole day at Long Wood
Gardens with Sister Busathe. That place is so pretty.
| Long Wood Gardens |
Then we had dinner and cooked lots of food. I have found a huge love for guacamole
while being out here. Haha then we got like 8 cakes oh my goodness we
were dying. We loved the Nothing Bundt cakes though. Then Tuesday
was April fools day. That was the best in the whole world. We talked
about wrecking havoc on each other and then I forgot.... I went to
the sink after breakfast and Sister P had tied a thing around the
sprayer on the sink and it drenched me because the only way to run was
exactly back and that thing had a long radius so it was spraying. Man it was
so bad. I can't even explain it. I had to change and sister picket was
just cracking up so I went and tackled her.
| Sister Pickett and Sister Steadman having Ritas |
We have ran around so many places I honestly can't keep straight where
we have been haha. We saw Maddie a lot and her mom Michelle' they are
both investigators. We face timed Maddie after every single conference
and she was just taking it in. We all took notes and compared. She was so happy.
Conference was sooo good right? You know Elder Robbins who just changed positions? Well I shook his hand last week! SOOO COOL! I learned so much from him too.
Then Thursday we went on exchanges after we had zone training. There
has been a lot of talk about being courageous funny how that was
brought up so much at conference. I loved loved loved conference. It
is a holiday and we were able to have 5 investigators watch it. So
cool. I loved how President Uchtdorf talked about being grateful for
the rain instead of the rainbow. In between Sunday sessions we had a
lunch with the missionaries in our area that was fun. I loved
conference weekend and all the things I learned. We have spent some
time in the hospital visiting a less active girl in hopes that she will come back.
We have a recent convert from Liberia he got his green
card this week and was just the happiest. I can't even explain it. He
gave Sister Picket a birthday card and we first opened it up and it
said SISTER across the front of it and then we realized it was talked
about like a sister sibling hahahahaha it was the funniest thing but
so cute of him with having so little to give so much. I love when
people find the gospel because they just sink themselves in it.
We were able to have my Aunt and Uncle drive us and an investigator to
the baptism at our ward and it was so fun to be able to teach like a
lesson in the car about baptism. I loved it so much. Hopefully her
parents will allow her to be baptized soon. It was fun to hear my
Aunt and Uncle testify of it as well.
Kelly who got baptized in my last area is doing so great she is going
to the temple in a couple weeks with her families names and I am so so
excited for her :) she is on fire seriously.
Well now we are headed to Philly on the Septa - today is gonna be so
sweet. I am excited, I haven't been to the city since I have been
here so we are taking the Septa in and it should be a sweet day!!
Seriously crazy things happen every day while we are out here. I
cannot explain it. Oh I almost forgot to tell you we tried to stop by Laura again and she wasn't home but her family wants to have us over for dinner sometime this week before transfers are here so that is pretty exciting!!
Well that is about all I can think about this week. Haha I love you
all and I hope you have a wonderful week
Love you all
Sister Carbo
Sent from my iPad