HAPPY CONFERENCE!
It has been another spectacular week in the mission. A lot is going on
here. There won't be picture again today due to having no miles to
drive any where today :) no worries though we will have a ride for
dinner and to Long Wood Gardens again for Sister Pickets birthday. We
are so excited. Long Wood Gardens are AMAZING.
![]() |
| LONG WOOD GARDENS |
Last Monday was crazy we we ended up having two dinner appointments.
Luckily they were both light dinners haha and we were literally
running around, on Tuesday we had a few appointments. We are having
bad luck here though with parking tickets, college towns are so bad
for that. We also visited one of our investigators to see where he was
at. He is married to a re-activated girl in our ward, we love them. We
had a really good lesson with them.
Wednesday we discovered more things to put into the area book. Oh my
goodness that was so painful, we have entered in so much to these
iPads, but once they are in they stay in this area on a cloud. A lot
of people cancelled appointments that day. But that is okay. :)
Funniest thing. We visit a lady (Sister L.) in a rest home and she is a bit large, we visit her frequently. Well a few weeks ago she told Sister Picket her shirt was too see through... It totally wasn't and I have the same shirt haha - any ways while she said this she herself had a hospital gown like falling off her luckily we have to wear masks when we see her cuz I was cracking up laughing. Then went back this week and Sister Picket wore the same shirt again not even thinking about it and Sister L. freaked, hahaha she even
volunteered to say the prayer and in the prayer she was like please
bless Sister Picket ....(I was thinking like not fair what about me)
then she prayed please bless that she can get some money to buy a new
blouse. Hahahahaha I cracked up in the prayer. Oh man. I am gonna wear
that shirt next time I go!! Haha
Thursday we had district meeting and made a cake for Elder Karen and
we had nothing to make a cake so we made pumpkin bread that was
nasssttyyy, well we found out we had to run home from the church cuz
Elder Jones was there pretty much it was a crazzzyy day. Then that
night we had dinner with an older family they have a cute Down
syndrome daughter who plays the harmonica!!!!!! The coolest!!! She
taught me how to play it through her nose hahah I am gonna be pro at
mine. They served a mission in Tahiti and they fed us tuna salad from
there, little did I know it was raw tuna. No not canned RAW. I missed
the memo and ate like 6 spoon fulls of it. Sister Picket knew what was up,
oh I felt so sick that night haha. Then we taught the restoration to
them and when we got to the sacred grove Emily quoted Joseph's
words...I saw a pillar of light.... I started crying. It was
incredible. Then we went to an investigators and saw the mom who is
also investigating. And had such a powerful experience. I can't
really explain it but the spirit was totally there for this poor woman
who went and is going through so much.
Wasn't conference amazing????? Holy cow it was so cool to see my
sisters singing up there. I was crying. So was Sister Picket. So good! I
took so many notes. I love that Gods love for us is so full. Sunday
was really good and really busy. Last night we were practicing a thing
with fire and a tea bag that floats up into the air, any ways I am
really dumb and blew the match out in the direct of the tea bag and it
flew on the ground. The good news is the house didn't catch on fire
nor did the floor. Miracles every day!
It's Sister Pickets birthday!! She loved her package and we blew up
balloons and are having a party tonight with members, it's gonna be
good!!!!
Well I love you all!!! Have a great week.
STAND STRONG.
Sent from my iPad
