Monday, March 24, 2014


SPRING HAS ARRIVED!

Hola,
This week started off awesome. We went to Long Wood Gardens. Let me
tell ya that place is soooooo so amazing.  I went in thinking it was some
garden. No! Not some garden. I thought I was in a different world. I
would send pictures but due to lack of miles we have refrained from
leaving the apartment today.  It was completely magical. Then we went
to an Italian restaurant with the Bishops wife and some random people
just started singing opera there and we were like what???  Then our
meal took forever! So we were running really behind and we had
three people to see at 8 at night and we chose to see our investigator
Amanda. Craziest thing we went there and she was sobbing and
really depressed so we shared some things with her and then ONLY
the spirit was allowing us to talk. Literally it was in control - then
we sang Abide With Me and she started bawling and said that is
the song we played to warm up in band everyday.  I had no idea it had
lyrics to it. We had ordered so much food and had lots of extras and
Amanda said she hadn't eaten in days so we just happened to have a
pizza. Aah. Miracle literally!

Tuesday we had a cupcake birthday party and we were able to help a
lady who was running around crazy emergency decorating but she has grown
really close to us and that has been incredible. We told Sister Busathe
the bishops wife about our Amanda experience because she had felt
so bad for how long dinner had gone but even though she felt bad the Lord has
his timing and miracles happened because of it.

This was the last week we could put every single name and info from
2007 into our iPad area book. That probably took about 30 hours to
complete. I am so so so thankful that was over because last night was
our last time and I entered it in taught and read from the Book of Mormon
about 200 times aaah. Then we went and taught some potentials. The
Gonzalez familia. They ares from Guatemala. A little island Jordan
Tuckfield (my cousin who is in Guatemala on a mission) may have served there. 

It starts with an A?. It was a really good lesson I hope we get to teach them more.  

So we have continued to teach Bobbie and Dejesus. I love both of those women. They both have had strokes and are in rehab for it. Bobbie is about 50 and her mom comes and takes care of her.  Her mom is so intense one day we were
there and met her for the first time and all the sudden cute Bobbie in
her wheel chair was like mom these are the Missionaries and they have
taught me the gospel for a long time. I am going to be baptized, I got
the look of death from her. Hahahaha "look unto me in every thought
doubt not fear not" So so scary though.  We visited our other
investigator Zack and Kayla they kinda slipped a way for a while but
they told us how their family is changing because they are changing.
It is so amazing to watch.

We had a lesson with Maddie this week and we invited her to be
baptized on the sixteenth. So we hope that will work out. We have to
talk to her mom though. There has been endless connections going on,
I saw a picture on the wall of the Beatles and  I said hey I am related
some how to one of them through my moms cousin. Then she freaked out and was like my dad is actually gonna like one of you(he doesn't normally like us) and now he
wants to meet me. So hopefully he will let her get baptized. Hooray!

We tried to stop by Laura this week. We met her dad he was really nice
but she wasn't home. We talked about the Megan though! Haha then
Saturday night we had Stake Conference. Holy cow Amazing!!!! Elder
Robbins of the Seventy was there.  Mind blowing he took 45 minutes
just to talk to us missionaries about making connections with people
and it has been crazy how important that has come into play this week.
I learned so much.
Sister Pickett and Sister Steadman at Stake Conference
Sunday was amazing too!! We had a youth come teaching with us all
day!!! It was sweet. And we went and saw mamasita(Dejesus) and
Bobbie. Haaha they are awesome. We walked up to the rehab and Bobbie
was outside smoking. We planned on teaching her the Word of Wisdom and
we got there and talked and she told us when she saw us coming and in her
own words she said "there were three Charlie's angels and I realized I was
smoking and I was like oh $&@@", (excuse my inappropriate word mom you
can edit that out if you want) but we were laughing so hard because she
is so sweet and innocent. Then we went and saw mama Sita and she calls
everyone she loves momma or mommy or mama haha and she always calls us
sweety but this week she called me mommy!!! Hahah I was so proud, well
Sunday was awesome lots of miracles this week. And a big thanks for
all the support. Loving this area. THE CHURCH IS TRUE.


Remember god loves you and he knows you . I challenge you to take notes in Womens Conference on Saturday!!!

SISTER STEADMAN

Sent from my iPad