Monday, November 4, 2013

ELECTRONICS FOR CHRISTMAS....

Yes I still have blonde moments, surprise, surprise....


Well I would say this week has been really good. 
On Tuesday night after transfers (by the way it’s just the two of us) Sister Fletcher and I almost felt too relaxed so we had to make sure we were energetic in our work haha.  
But we have a lot of similarities and she is so smart so she helps me learn things fast.  We went to the Nolls for Belgian waffles. That family is hilarious and I could talk to them forever and I did. Haha we actually were like a half an hour too long so we were running to the car and somehow I popped the trunk open and we were driving down the road and our car alarm was going off and I stopped on a rail road track to shut it... yes I still have blonde moments surprise surprise.
Some of my area


Well the coolest news of this week is that we are all getting Ipads each individual missionary and companionships are getting iphones. The area books will be put away! Hurrah! and we also are being given a stationary bike!:) So excited! haha.  That was such big news and we will be getting all of those in December  -  sweet huh?

We saw Sandra this week and she said she didn't want us to come inside and then she said ok I want you to come inside then we read from the Book of Mormon and she said she believes it but she doesn't want to change churches because of her family. So pray for her!

On Halloween, haha we sat in our apartment and watched an approved movie with popcorn and our neighbors brought us candy! that was awesome!:) 


We went and visited Sister Breslin and she was having a rough day and fell :( she lied there on the ground and cried and said she was frustrated because she can't control it. I felt so bad. The thing that stayed with me that day is that we can all be perfect and have perfect bodies after we die and she won't be frustrated any more. 
 Later that night we went and saw Fonz.  Fonz is the best haha -  and he does so much charity work it is amazing yet he is so upset in life, he talks endlessly and we planned on teaching him the Plan of salvation and I was going to start doing it and you don' t know how hard it is to do that with this guy! haha but while he stopped talking for like 2 seconds I jumped in out of the blue and all the sudden I couldn't stop talking and he was silent. I don't know if it really got to him but he said he believed it all and we committed him to reading The BOM so pray for Fonz also! 
Some more of my area
Then Saturday we didn't really have a lot of plans. We have stopped seeing a lot of people so we have few people to go and see and it is hard so we are praying for more people to see and teach, but we had all our plans cancel on us so we decided to go to the trailer park for the day to see a less active  and we found her Sister Lewis just happened to be home and had the day off work and her husband wasn't there so she let us in. We talked for a long time she has had cancer 2 times and it is just amazing to see how strong she is.

Then on Sunday that was really awesome we had the baptism it went really well! I even spoke at it and Ken the dad came which was really cool!!! 



Then that night we went and saw Sister Gelet. She invited her friend Jerry who is Methodist. Jerry has a crazy life story and lived in a place called Pennhurst which was pretty much a place for mentally ill people that the government shut down in the 70s therefore there is a lot of crazy people roaming around in Spring City, but  we got to meet him and he is actually pretty normal. He has had crazy things like a locker pushed on him while he lived there and it knocked out all his teeth and just really sad things happened there. The reason why he lives there is because he had to have part of his brain removed which caused him not to be able to read,  but he is a good guy who has a lot of faith. So we are hoping he will come to church. We gave him a BOM.

Today was crazy. I was at the store and saw a guy wearing a lacrosse shirt. So I had to talk to him. Turns out he has played pro for a while and he has friends who moved to Utah because there were LDS and to play for the U of U. Crazy huh!? He isn't in our area unfortunately but maybe something will come of it!:) well that is all for this week!  Hope you have a good week! love you all!!