Monday, September 30, 2013

Down by the Crick

Hola!!

This week has been lovely.  On Tuesday we went and visited Tom and he was doing well, but we saw him on Saturday and he says we need to wait and come and see him in like a month! Then it was sister Earls birthday and that is the same night we do mission coordination with our ward missionary he is so awesome Bro. Mcintyre. He is great he took us to a really fancy Italian restaurant that I have had my eye on a lot around here:) we had the elders from our ward with us too, and he just kept buying us all this food.  I was so full and I had a cannoli. That was amazing!  Anyways that was besides my point. They are so awesome and really engaging in missionary work. Then on Wednesday we were going to visit the Breslins from the ward and a man stopped us, he said I just have to say it is really nice to see modestly dressed young ladies walking around outside with smiles on their faces. We then continued on with a conversation about how the family is being attacked these days. We invited him to general conference and he asked if it was okay if he had a bunch of kids with him. It was awesome! :) Then we went to the Breslins they are about in there 70's Sis Breslin has Huntington's disease.  She loves doing crafts but she can't because she cannot control it, but the thing is she is such a sweet spirit. We talked to them and I couldn't help but tearing up, not because she was ill but because the way Bro. Breslin looked at her. It was amazing and he talks as if he has no worries because he is going to be sealed to her forever!  It's incredible.  Later on that day we went to our service project!  We work at a Thrift store!!!! SICK HUH?!? I love it haha. We like sort stuff out and help in the food pantry every Wednesday at like 12 it’s the bomb.  Then Thursday we went to visit Sister Gillette who has been impossible to find. She lives in a retirement home and with persistence we got in the retirement home. Then we got to share a message with her and we found out that she has cancer and that is why she hasn't been coming to church, but she served a mission and she has been sharing it all. It was amazing! We have been teaching a lady named Sandra. She is having open heart surgery today. Only 3 out of 8 live through this surgery so everyone pray that she will make it through. We went tracting through spring city on Saturday. It didn't really have a lot of success. That is why they are pushing for members to help because no one likes "sales people" although we are not. We are just spreading the word. So after that day we went to the General Relief society broadcast! How amazing was that!!! It was awesome! I also met a couple from Erica's home ward! There are connections everywhere! Last night we had church and the whole day was about missionary work. I had to give my second sacrament meeting talk. It went well all the missionaries’ spoke and the members are really working hard here to support us. Really the support is amazing! Support the missionaries!! Then we had our visit with Matt! He is still set for October the 27 we taught him the commandments and he accepted it all!! He is such a spiritual guy he is already doing missionary work and he is not even a member!! It’s way cool!! With the temple going up here there is much work to do and a big excitement! Honestly the mission is hard but I am learning lots and trying to be a little better every day! I want you all to know that I care for you so much and so grateful for all the wonderful influences you each are!! Thank you for all you do!! I love you all!! :) have a lovely week

PS  Burrough is a small city a township is a town with 2200 or less. Also Pennsylvania is not a state.

 
Our Investigator Sandra