Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/23/13 We ran around like crazy, it was bananas!

 I ran out of time so sorry I cannot write everyone.  I am sorry I had a ton of people who emailed me which is cool . So this week was pretty great! We got in and settled I have 2 companions. So I have Sister Earl as my trainer she has been out for 7 months and Sister Fetcher who has been out for 6 weeks. I like them both. Sister Earl is a good trainer. Anyways so this week was good I met Pres. Anderson he is awesome and an Aggie fan. Then I went teaching on the second day after I moved in. We taught Liola who wants to go to the temple and get sealed to her family because her mom is dying. There really is a lot of sad stories around here. There is craziness. So this town was built in the 1800 so everything is really old lots of different religions we should have like 200 families in just our ward but  there is a lot of less active so we have a lot of work to do. We have only around 145 people coming to church! The members feed us like 2x a week which is so nice and they are really helping out with the work! 
Fellow-shipping is the best missionary work anyone could do. 
Then I got to meet Melissa! She is a mom of 8 about 35 years old,  she was supposed to get baptized next week and on Friday she asked to move it up, so we ran around like crazy it was bananas, then we got that all worked out. I met a lot of ward members and can't remember everyone  - haha  - so then she got baptized on Sunday and most of her family came.  Her 2 kids want to get baptized! awesome huh? hopefully all of them will eventually. 
So Sunday afternoon we taught Matt he is 22 years old and grew up super catholic. almost to the point of becoming a monk but he wants a family so we introduced him to the church. I think this guy knows more about the church than I do and the Bible and the BOM he is awesome and everything he says is just like Gods words,  hahaha its crazy but he is super cool. And we were freaking out what to teach him because he doesn't understand the apostasy and we did all this work and then like he came and said when can I be baptized!! we were like what!! so then we set his date for October 27 but it might be moved up! 
Sorry this is soo short I need to manage my time better. I am sorry if I don't email everyone back or put a lot I don't have much time. ! I really love you all and love your support!! I am sorry this was so short
love,
         Sister Steadman


President and Sister Anderson


 Melissa, Sister Fletcher and Sister Earl