Monday, December 29, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Christmas was great this week. We have been all over the place. I went
to the temple on Tuesday to see some people I taught get sealed. That
was so incredible. It is a long drive but so worth it. I missed the
temple. It had been 15 months since I went and it just felt like a
piece of heaven on earth when I was there, time went too fast.

Wednesday for Christmas Eve we served food at the soup kitchen. We fed
about 220 people food. I handed out bread and desert and said merry
Christmas 220 times haha:) I wish I could explain to you how much I
love serving there. There is a lot of people in need and a lot of
people with sad faces who need brightening to their lives. Then we
went and visited a couple of people and had dinner with a Hispanic
family. They were so sweet!! Then we had a traditional polish dinner
with the family we live with and it was sweet to see how they oriented
it. We ate like the poor polish slaves back in the day for our
Christmas Eve dinner. It was a neat experience. Then we spent the
night with a cute couple, had hot cocoa and watched joy to the world.

Christmas we had breakfast with the bishop in the morning and got to
meet a lot of people. Although I am not talented with the piano
somehow God helped me play the piano so that everyone members and non
members could feel a portion of the spirit through song, it was neat,
then we i skyped the family. I don't normally cry and our mission
president challenged us to share our testimonies, but when I shared my
testimony about eternal families.... Woosh a flood of streams coming at
ma eye. Hah after that we visited some more families went and had
dinner with another Hispanic family, then we had dinner with one of
our recent converts. That was also wonderful. We afterwards took a
plate to one of our investigators who lives alone and was alone for
Christmas, she is incredible, she informed us that she went from
drinking 20 cups of coffee a day to drinking 1. The lord is great. We
spent the night visiting the people who were alone.

The rest of the week has been spent with finding, we have seen
miracles left and right in the past couple of weeks. We fasted to find
people to teach and we have found a couple of families

Something that has really been weighing heavily on my mind this week
is the power of the atonement. Everyone around us is imperfect. I am
so thankful for Christ taking all my mistakes and weaknesses upon
himself. I know that he is the one who will bring true peace and
comfort.

I hope you all have a safe New Years!! Here is to 2015! This will be a
great year!
Love
Sister steadman 🎉🎊🎈🎉🎊🎈

Sent from my iPad