Here I am in busy crazy New Joisey!
Hola familia!
Here I am in New Joisey. Lemme tell YA this place is night and day
different from lower slower Delaware. It has been a rude awakening
from being in a small town and in lower slower Delaware to busy and crazy
Jersey. Tuesday we went to transfer meeting. A family road with us
from Smyrna, we went into the transfer meeting and did our thing. I
got transferred to Vineland New Jersey. Came to our house, we live with a really
sweet returned missionary couple, they have a nice basement apartment
IT is a great place and great people. We went and met a lot of people, my
companion goes home in 4 weeks because this is only a five week
transfer so that the missionaries can be home for Christmas. So it is
crunch time for me to learn the area, crazy huh. We met a lot of
the recent converts, they are too great. We also have a lot of work
going on here so that is exciting. We have a lot of people who have
desires to be baptized it is a busy area.
Wednesday we went and met lots more people for me too see and we did
some stop bys. In the morning we got to volunteer at the soup kitchen
in a Presbyterian church and we saw a big bowl of Mac n cheese, we saw
the boxes and turns out they were all from the bishops store. We were
pretty impressed. But then I was mixing the bowel and saw little black
things all through it....sick. There were bugs galore throughout it.
Hahaha it was funny though.
Thursday we had district meeting up in Woodstown New Jersey and we
road up with the elders. The crazy thing is Elder Timerman aka Parker
Timerman that I grew up with and went to elementary school with is now
serving in the same ward that I am in. Small Mormon world.
The rest of the week has been getting to know people. Sunday we get
in Sacrament Meeting and things had already been crazy at church in my first
20 minutes of being there, but then I hear someone yelling mom behind
me and a lady went unconscious during church and like half of our ward
are doctors so this High Councilman was trying to teach about family
history and talk over everyone while the whole congregation was
staring at what was going on. I think the woman is doing okay now but
it was just insane...then after church I was talking to one of our
investigators (who I don't know here he came from but he is awesome), I
asked him when he is planning on getting baptized hahaha and then I
realized I am soaking wet. He thought his water bottle was closed and
it wasn't. We died, if I weren't a missionary we probably both would
have been on the ground laughing. Then we went to a baptism where this
kid was running around in the halls in a baptismal suit doing a
baptism dance saying" I am getting baptized finally finally finally" I
wish everyone had that excitement. It was overall a good day.
I am grateful that Heavenly Father will take us where we need to be
and when we need to be there. Sometimes it feels like you have a full
load on your shoulders but he is going to lighten the load. I am
grateful for all the lessons I have learned out here. I am looking
forward to what I learn next :) I hope you all have a beautiful week!
:)Love Sister Steadman
oh also exciting news I got invited to go to the Temple in DC on December 23rd to be with some recent converts, as they go through the temple and are sealed. So stoked!
oh also exciting news I got invited to go to the Temple in DC on December 23rd to be with some recent converts, as they go through the temple and are sealed. So stoked!
Sent from my iPad
