Monday, November 24, 2014



HAPPY GIVING THANKS WEEK!
Monday was an incredible day. We received a HQ referral and went to
stop by her. It was pouring rain and they have like no street lights
here so we were walking in the mud in this trailer park and we knocked
on the door. The woman answers the door and she says I thought my
bible would come in the mail, not happy to see us in the least haha.
We saw that her family was there so we began to ask about her family.
She opened up and eventually realized we were standing in the freezing
rain and let us in.  We proceeded to talk to her about religion and
how it affects lives, she ended up telling us it was her birthday and
that she was having a hard time because it is the same day her mom
passed away and she just cries on her birthday. Then we ended up
singing to her and she said she wants us to come back, and that the
spirit had changed her birthday that night. It was one of those
lessons you walk out and say "what just happened"?

We went on a couple of exchanges, I went to Cherry Hill NJ for a day
and oh YA I went to a district meeting with one of Kathleen's (my sister-in-law)
lifeguards. Sister Foster. She is one of the sisters I get to go on
exchanges with.

We had several great lessons this week, we are working with one of our
investigators pretty closely, he has plans to be baptized in the near
future. He is pretty awesome! We had a very intense lesson with him
yesterday, not by our doing but by the other members.

One crazy thing is I was sitting at a dinner with someone and there
were roaches crawling all over the house and I realized that they were
on the table so one crawled on my plate -  sneakily I tried to flick
it off then it some how landed on my lap.... I don't think I was very
sneaky at this point, but I got it off eventually.

New Jersey is an interesting place. It is amazing how all these places
are so close but so different. It is also crazy how much I miss people
from my last areas, but you get to love a lot of people. I will
forever be grateful for my mission.

Thanksgiving this week--- which means, serving hot chocolate at
footballs games, serving at a soup kitchen to 500+ homeless people and
eating a lot of food and talking about how lucky we are. I am excited.
I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and remember who put you
here.:)

Love

Sister steadman

"Gratitude is the one way we can escape the pride cycle."

Sent from my iPad

Carly also made it in her mission newsletter.   Here is what it said....


FROM THE FIELD

A couple of weeks ago sister Howard and I were put in charge of planning our ward trunk or treat. This is a highly attended activity as you are probably aware of. We put together an event on Facebook, where we could remind people about the event and what food they signed up to bring. We left it as an open event for anyone who looked up "trunk or treat" on Facebook to see. The week before the trunk or treat we kept hearing people say they were sick or they wouldn't be able to make it. We were a little nervous. On the night of the
trunk or treat, when we were done setting up all the tables, we looked outside and the parking lot was full of people in costumes. We later on realized that there were a lot of people we had never seen before. A group of about 12 college students from Del state university came, decorated their trunks, and brought food. They said they had seen the event on Facebook and it sounded like fun. We ended up having to set up 4 extra tables. I
know that Facebook is a tool Heavenly Father has blessed us with to hasten his work. 
Sister Steadman