Monday, August 11, 2014


WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WEEK!


I cannot even begin this week to thank my family and my Heavenly Father for the blessings that have been coming from every end of the work. It has been a spiritually edifying week and I can't tell you how many times I have just had to stop this week and thank my Heavenly Father. 


Where do I begin? I don't even know if i can give you every detail but I will start from the miracles.
I met a woman in June while tracting through a trailer park. Her daughter was there she was about 60 and she glared at us the whole time we shared our message. We left our phone number and that was the last contact we had with them. Oh did I mention when we were leaving I went to shake the 60 year old woman's hand and all she did was glare at me and deny my handshake? yeah awkward but funny haha. 

This is the second part of the story, Sister Nielson and I have had this HAM in the freezer, too big for our oven, too big for the crockpot, too much time to defrost and cut up.  So we have had it for, forever. haha, anyways we get a call from a random lady, she says they are starving and in desperate need of help.  We said we can't really give them food but we can come share a message, they agreed to it and so we went the next morning.  Turns out it was the lady who refused to shake my hand.  They had run out of  EVERYTHING.  So we shared a message of faith with them and the spirit was so strong.  Then we left and we were just thinking and praying if there was anything more we could do.  Then that giant ham popped into my head  haha! and so we took it to them apparently we were supposed to keep it just for them.
MIRACLES!


We are teaching a man by the name of Carlos and he is sweet. He is from Chile! and his wife is brazilian and he is EATing up the Book of Mormon. Seriously we told him about baptisms for the dead and most people take that kind of weird and he was like " no way!! that is SO COOL!!" and he even wants to get a tattoo of LDS on his neck...don't worry we will address that later. haha I introduced him to maple doughnuts, his eyes have been open to ALL the mysteries of God.  So Carlos is great!
Sunday was fantastic. Do you remember me talking about Maddie in West Chester and how her parents wouldn't let her get baptized although she already  ready to be baptized? Well she got baptized and her WHOLE family was there. man. It was such a miracle I can't even describe. Then on top of that hearing about Jakes mission call made my heart so full. 

Maddie
I can say this work is WORTH the sacrifice. We definitely do not see the immediate results but the blessings come. I know that Our Heavenly Father has made this plan so divine. He is in the details and He is taking care of us.

     Have a good week!:) here come transfers!
Love,
Sister Steadman