Monday, June 16, 2014

LOWER SLOWER DELAWARE

Where do I begin from this week?

The theme for this week was being HUMBLE. I definitely was humbled this week by so much love that I felt from all of you, by the birthday wishes and the surprises.
By being able to celebrate Fathers day and think about all the many wonderful people in our lives.

A lot happened. We did a lot of service. We helped a cute woman from Long Island clean in her house and do some small things. On Thursday we had a decent district meeting about being humble. I felt the spirit so strongly. We don't have much going on here with the work and we are going and finding all day long, looking for those who will accept and listen to the message. But I loved being to feel God's love at the meeting. We went home and we were worried about a less active member and it's a confidential story but I want to share how much I know that God loves HIS children. To see a woman in such pain and to be so lost changed me. I know that Christ suffered SO much that I cannot comprehend. I have seen a lot of sad things since being out here, and I don't know what it was but this week I was just so changed. It hurt my heart, they say that a mission will change you and shape you in ways you didn't think were possible.

So my birthday was a GREAT day! Loved my little picture from the parents, we went to the gym with a Sister and then she is SOO SOO AMAZING! I always love having someone who you feel like you could always rely on. But anyways she stopped working out and said okay we are going to go have breakfast. We got to her house and she had all these balloons and an omelet.

I felt so spoiled haha sure LOVE her and Sister Nielson. She arranged for people and cute families to call me in the day and have their little kids sing Happy Birthday. Oh my gosh it was adorable. haha we did a lot of manual labor like moving and planting gardens on my birthday which I love giving that kind of service. So it was a great day. Not to mention all the love I felt from the people I am serving here and the people from home.
The past couple of days have been a lot of finding. We are working with a family that we have been able to see a lot more. They are amazing and we are growing closer to them. Every time we go I can just imagine them all being together so happily. We are hoping to be able to see them more an to help get them going.
(oh I got scratched by this cat)
Other than that his week has been pretty challenging yet really rewarding.
Thank you for all you do!! I LOVE YOU
Dock by St. Andrews School on my morning workout.

SISTER Carly Ann Steadman