Monday, May 5, 2014

FLOODS, SALAMANDERS & POWER OUTAGES

Hola everyone,
HAPPY CINCO De MAYO! 
Another fabulous week here in the PPM! We had a few small sad things that happened but for the most part it was just weird and funny. haha. Monday is a blur oh wait! we ended up meeting with AMY and she is doing good. We have grown a lot closer to her in these past few weeks. We were able to make a lot of headway with her.

This week we have had SO MUCH RAIN! We have had a ton of flooding. (I will send you a picture) 
we were in our home and the lights were flashing - good thing we are obsessed with candles because we have a ton of them. We were able to whip out the flashlight my parents sent me and we were good. Then President made us go stay at some members house around the corner. We didn't get to sleep until 11 which is really past our curfew for missionaries:) haha

So since we are living in a basement we have had quite a few bugs and creepy things. This week we walked in and Sister Picket goes "OH MY GOSH" I was in the bathroom and their lies the worst thing yet. A SALAMANDER! No not another spider or ant. A SALAMANDER. We were freaking out and we named him but I already forgot his name because his home that we made for him got flooded and he ended up drowning.... :/ it was NASTY. Don't ask me where he came from I have NO idea. We told our landlord though. We are trying to be really nice to them since we are kinda in their house and we have such a good deal on this apartment.  I would expect that in Belize or somewhere else but not AMERICA.

OUR SALAMANDER  (RIP)
We have a few people we are working with not anything huge has happened this week. People tend to not want to go outside even when it rains... hahaha. But Saturday we stopped by a  families house,  they have been less active since they moved here. We got there and just the mom was home. She was really flustered since her family was not home, she was trying to hurry us a long and said, "what is your message for today?"  The talk "I will not Fail thee nor Forsake thee" came to my mind. So I read part of it to her. She all the sudden  it softened her heart and she said, "will you stay for dinner?" I was expecting some lovely Asian rice and stuff... nooo noo noo, that was not it at all.  Grandpa went to this little pond across the street and fished out a tiny nasty carp thing and they cooked it live. Then I had to chew it and spit the bone out on a paper. Then I watched their 6 year old eat the egg sack. Oh my gosh! It was nasty! But I was grateful we were able to spend more time with them. 
 LI/WU FAMILY


Sunday was awesome too. Maddie was at church. Another random non member was there and Sister Picket stayed with him in Gospel Principles while I went to young women's. Turns out he kept burping in her face. hahaha. It is never a dull day as a missionary. 

And talk about a small world, we figured out Sister Pickets grandparents were in the Draper Care Center when I used to go sing there all the time when I was a Senior in High School. 
Progress on the Philadelphia Temple!
Well I love you all! I hope you are have a safe and Blessed week!! 

THE CHURCH IS STILL TRUE YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER.

Sister Steadman