Try sharing a Family Home Evening Manual
the cutest, baby, creepy, kitty…..
and DIVERSITY!
So this week was really
busy! and Since yesterday was Columbus day we didn't get to write or anything
because we need to be out and about on holidays. Well not a ton has
happened this week other than finding - but finding is where the work begins. We have been
trying to reactivate a lot of people. But it is slow and persistent but it's
working. The bishop said he is already seeing a lot of changes in the ward. Then
we got a referral from the church headquarters which like never happens so that
was pretty great. Then we had golden retraining and I got to see Sister Reyes
and Sister Cox which was so exciting!! That was the best.
Sister Reyes and Sister Cox |
I almost had to teach a 45 minutes church lesson on the last
minute on priesthood and that was scary but instead we turned it into a temple
class mostly for Sister Gerhard! On
Wednesday when we were working at the thrift store I noticed it was getting
colder and I had not yet gotten of my warm things. So I saw a pair of
boots...not too ugly thank goodness they were grey and I found out they were a
dollar!! Freakin sick!! So I decided to get them!! I know that was a tender mercy because the
next day it poured....all day long! But
I like the rain so it was okay! We got to visit Sandra this week and she
doesn't have to have open heart surgery but we are slowly bringing up the
church with her. Missi and her family
are all doing sooooo good!! her son who is 10 just finished the book of Mormon! and her
other kids are slowly moving towards baptism! It would be cool if all 8 of them
got baptized!! We will have to see,
Missi is getting ready to go to the temple and do baptisms! She knows
everything already and has already started doing her history work, talk about
incredible! She started this all from find a family home evening manual! Try
sharing that one it's amazing! I just love all the sweet sisters in this ward!
Although a lot of them can't come to church because they have illnesses, they
are so sweet! We went with a Sister on Friday and she is cool and
doesn't come to our ward because she likes her friends in the Valley Forge ward
better...we are trying to figure how to approach that but she forced us to play
shuffle board because she said it is what she wants to do!
Both of my companions got sick this week so cross your fingers it
doesn't get to me but at this point there isn't much I can do to avoid
it! Also I once again used my firefighter knowledge to talk to a woman
named marge for like 20 minutes while we were tracting! Sunday was really
cool! I like the diversity in the church testimony meeting! We had a sister who
began her talk with aloha from Hawaii. Then we had a sister who is black and
started like almost singing it was really the best! Then I did some indexing
and have started getting pretty good at it!! Oh and we found out that Matt who is not a
member yet bore his testimony in YSA! Haha isn't that awesome!
Yesterday we did a lot in Boyertown and we got to visit a Part member less active family who the grandmother has been in the hospital all week! It was pretty much a miracle that she a alive and it’s just amazing to see the miracles that happen every day! Crazy stuff! oh and I almost got to swing yesterday! Except we went to the wrong park. Since everyone has been sick we haven't been able to go on our five minute jogs in the morning and I think I am going to die if I have to do more jumping jacks for the next 2 weeks haha but I really hope they do get better!
I want you all to know that I know this church is true!
Pray about it, Read about it, Ponder about it, Act on it! I love you all have a lovely week!
Yesterday we did a lot in Boyertown and we got to visit a Part member less active family who the grandmother has been in the hospital all week! It was pretty much a miracle that she a alive and it’s just amazing to see the miracles that happen every day! Crazy stuff! oh and I almost got to swing yesterday! Except we went to the wrong park. Since everyone has been sick we haven't been able to go on our five minute jogs in the morning and I think I am going to die if I have to do more jumping jacks for the next 2 weeks haha but I really hope they do get better!
I want you all to know that I know this church is true!
Pray about it, Read about it, Ponder about it, Act on it! I love you all have a lovely week!
Love,
