Monday, October 27, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
AND NO MORE TICKETS FOR ME...

I can't believe it is the End of October! What a crazy month.  This week I went on an exchange up into Newark and we did some volunteering at a thrift store and met some people there. Wednesday we were all over the place trying to get everything in order for the Trunk or Treat since Sister H and I were in charge. We set up tables after a dinner with an awesome family. On Thursday we had District meeting and then we went with some of the sisters to The Amish market for dinner. 
Fall in Delaware
Friday was all over the place -  in the morning we had a lesson with a Sister in the Ward that was very good. We had a strong feel that something was not right and we went there and the spirit was strong. She told us some of the things that were going on and didn't even ask. Friday we spent all day running around. We went and set up the decorations at the church. We were very worried that we weren't going to get a good turn out we kept hearing of people getting sick or have other things come up. We were worried. So we set up about 10 tables with 7 chairs on each of them. around  6 people were coming in slowly. Then about 6:30 our church parking lot was filled and we even had to pull out extra tables. We have like 20 things of Chili  and it was jam packed. We have a very unusual and small building so it was pretty crowded but we were so excited with the turn out. One cool thing was  that I put up an event on Facebook  hoping we would get a lot of the members to come out. Well some people from Del state saw it and decided to come. A whole club of about 12 non members came because they said it sounded like fun. It was awesome to see that they found out about it because of Facebook. Social media Works! Sadly we couldn't talk to them very much because we were running the show but a lot of people got to. 
Ward Halloween Party we were in charge of.

Saturday was pretty good we were able to visit with some people we haven't been able to see for a while and we went down to volleyball but we couldn't stay because there were not women there. Since we had driven all the way down to Smyrna and we were in out work out clothes we decided we better do some service. so we sticky noted people doors and tried to do some nice acts of service. Well this resulted in a funny story. ..
It was one of those days where everything fell through. I didn't mention this on my last email but I got a ticket last week in an area I didn't know in the back farm lands - with not very many traffic signs. So that was awesome. .. but this week were are driving in our fancy 2014 car ( why they give these to us I have no idea), and we were in the turning lane. I see a cop pull up behind me and since I was a fresh ticket payer I was a little tense.... then the lights come on. I was like what in the world.... I was stopped in the proper place and everything.
Well he pulls me over and I was thinking no way. So the Officer  comes up to our car and our back lights were not working... Sister Howard and I have been trying to figure out the lights on this fancy car for 2 months now that it gets dark outside faster. Anyways he takes my license and my registration and when he leaves Sister Howard and I are laughing but at the same time I am crying (first time I have cried in months) haha  and the officer comes back and says "Where were you coming from?"  and we said "the church" then he asks why I was crying and we told him about my ticket form last week then he said "where were you coming from then?" I said delivering cookies.  Ha,  this officer cracked up and said I wasn't going to give you a ticket and I won't now unless you bring me cookies haha. We ended up telling him about the church and where we were from and what we are doing here. He was dying. Man even when we have bad days Heavenly Father knows how to make you laugh.  So this week we are taking Officer Newcome some holiday cookies. haha:) luckily no more tickets for me.

Sunday we went to Maryland for dinner and we previously had no luck in Maryland. Actually we had the opposite of luck but this time around we were able to find a family that wants us to come back and teach them. We were very excited for that. Over all it was a good day.

This week with Halloween should be exciting. We are doing some exchanges and on Friday we are going to Mission Leadership Council in Broomhall and its going to be a little Halloween celebration with the missionaries. We are allowed to stay out this year if we are with a member or an investigator. So that should be exciting!:)

The temple is going up.....



Here is a little quote I found this morning that I loved and wanted to share.
From Harry Emerson Fosdick we read, “The most extraordinary thing about the oyster is this. Irritations get into his shell. He does not like them. But when he cannot get rid of them, He uses the irritation to do the loveliest thing an oyster ever has a chance to do. If there are irritations in our lives today, there is only one prescription: make a pearl. It may have to be a pearl of patience, but, anyhow, make a pearl. And it takes faith and love to do it.” (In The Treasure Chest, ed. Charles L. Wallis, New York: Harper & Row).


have a good week!:)