Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference is pretty much a Super Bowl in the Mission!


Hola! My week was so good. Conference is pretty much a Super Bowl in the Mission and I was so pumped. I went into Conference with a few questions and they got answered more than I though they would, the Spirit was strong! I got to watch Conference at 4 different places. One at the chapel, one in a members home with some homemade soup! That's the best! Then another at the chapel in Newark! We went with a member and their mother who wasn't a member and man was she a hoot! First thing she said when we got in the car was "Lets get Mormonized!" hahaha classic from a 90 year olds mouth.  Then we went and had lunch with them and they had made the one and only roast and potatoes just like my moms! Tender mercy!! I was in heaven but we had to hurry and eat I t so we could make it to the next session at another house. But all in all I loved Conference!!  I absolutely loved all the talks. The ones that stood out to me was Elder Hollands that hit home as iI thought abut the time I gave a boy my shoes in Belize and watched him slip off his sandals, put them on, tie them and take off running. I was so happy to spend the rest of my day in my plain red socks walking on piles of dirt and ants and who knows what.  I was tearing up in that one. Then I loved loved how bold Jorg Klegibnat.. or something like that was. He did it wonderfully!

This week was just crazy because we found out on Tuesday that we had zone training and had like 36 hours with 8 hours worth a service to plan it -  plus sleeping. needless to say we ended up staying up like half the night one night just to get it all planned out. We started out the zone training with the video from General Conference of President Monson changing the mission age! That was SO powerful. We talked a lot about how life experiences effect our testimonies and growth towards the Savior as we feel the Holy Ghost!

As for the rest of the week it was kind of a blur. We had a lot of meetings and we have been helping a recent convert paint! I have painted so much in this area, It has been crazy. I think this is like the 6th  house I have painted and since we can only volunteer so much time we have to do the projects really slow! But its coming along I will take a pic of the final product!  Should be great!

I just wanted to share an amazing example I heard of this week on following the Spirit. Over the past 3 months I have really wanted to help a family remain in the gospel. We have been trying and thinking and praying about how we can help them. but again and again I have realized that its only in his timing. Well this past Sunday after noon a member who was at the conference session with us told us she felt prompted very strongly to call this family and to watch conference with them. They answered the phone. If i could explain how much joy this brought to me i would but I can't. She was able to go and watch conference with them. In this area I feel like I have only experience small glimpses of Heavenly Fathers hand working but I have experienced them. And that is how I know Heavenly Fathers work is still going on here and it will never stop. I know that with faith they will continue to happen.

I have loved serving the lord! I am so grateful for the Prophet and being able to listen to him. I am so grateful for General Conference and the sound that fills the room with the spirit!
It is incredible.

Have a great week!
Love
Sister Steadman

The perks of being a fb missionary is you get to see all of the
wonderful post people put up for conference because a majority of your
friends are members, this was one of the best ones.