Monday, September 22, 2014

LOVE THOSE WHO ARE IMPERFECT! (which is everyone)


Hey! Just another busy week in the PPM. Weeks are continuing to fly by. I cannot believe it is Monday again. This week we went on two exchanges to Dover. A Sister and I went to Smyrna and had an awesome day. During the exchange I felt very prompted to share some things with her and it turns out it is just what she needed to hear. Its these continual small promptings that help me know Heavenly Father is just using me as an instrument in  his Hands. The Second Exchange I went to Dover and It was also awesome. We helped a cute part member old couple work on their family history. I seriously love Family History. Everyone should do that.  Then we went to  stop by a potential in Maryland and a man from Johannesburg Africa answers, about 28 years about probably the most humble person I have ever met on my mission. He apologized for not telling us his first name because his first name is Richard and he can't pronounce R's. So he just told us to call him Michael. It was clear as day how prepared he was. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he was so over joyed to receive it. Man the spirit was strong. Then we went to another Amish market for some ice cream because the member loved that experience. That's where we met a cowboy. Seriously the people in Delaware are SO nice. For the most part a lot nicer than in  PA or NJ.


On Saturday I went to interviews with the mission President. With transfers coming up next week I am not really sure where I am going to be going but we will see.  The rest of Saturday was pretty busy we ended up helping the ward with a dinner. We fed dinner to the homeless at a Methodist church and I got to talk to a lot of different religious people it was great. I think when other people see us serving other religions in the community it is really helpful because we should serve others even those not of our Faith.

Sunday was crazy. Church started at 10 which is 20 minutes south of us and then Sister Howard and I got invited to a special Stake meeting with the Wilmington Stake President and President Anderson (mission president) and the Stake Relief Society President. which was at 11:30 and it was about 1 hour north of our apartment. So we go to church where we were asked to sing 2 musical numbers because it was a missionary homecoming... man that gave me anxiety. (Glad I still have 5 months) We had planned on leaving church right after we sang with the young women so we could make it to our meeting but then church ran SO slow and We just did not know what to do because there were like 0 young women. and so we prayed and we felt that we could do both. And we did. I don't know how we made it to Wilmington and go to the meeting on time but we did. That is because Heavenly Father takes care of those who are trying to do his will. Anyways that meeting was awesome to see the stake in Action.

One thing I have truly come to learn is we are in a perfect gospel set up by Christ but it is ran my imperfect people so of course small things are going to happen. but Heavenly Father is going to make up the rest and all we can do is love those around us and love those who are imperfect (which is everyone)

I hope you have a good week!!:)
Love Sister Steadman
This is at the Dover Downs Race Car Track
(No missionaries are not allowed to go to the races haha)