HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Dear Everyone,
Thank you for all your gifts and packages and support! I loved all of them. They put a smile on my face!
Being on a mission for Christmas is definitely different. I am grateful I had this experience. On Monday night the day before Christmas Eve, the family that we had plans with called and cancelled on a case of a the good old cold. We were so bummed and we had no plans for Christmas Eve. So we just accepted it and planned to visit a lot of people. Christmas Eve came and we called some families to visit and the first family we called invited us over for dinner. It was a really good evening. We got to visit with their nonmember father and talk about missionary work a lot. It was really great. I know that heavenly father changed our plans just so we could be there that evening.
That morning we visited a family who has been members for just 6 months. It was a single mom with 3 little kids. We had a candy train thing to make that Sister Fletchers mom sent so we went and made it with them. That was so fun even though the little twin girls got frosting all over their faces.
We then stopped by an elderly woman who was spending Christmas alone. She said it made her day to have people in her home. It made my day to make her happy. After that visit I realized that never again do I want to let anyone be alone for Christmas after my mission. I made a commitment when I am in future wards to make sure everyone around me has somewhere to go.
Christmas was also great. Woke up had a nice breakfast I made:) then we went and visited two older women the Lewandowskis super catholic family but they are awesome and made the famous Pennsylvania Dutch Nut roll that took about 12 hours to make. It was really good. they are so funny they made us sing carols to them.
| Pennysylvania Dutch Nut Roll |
Then we went to the Lee's they are also a really great family that is where I skyped and we had a really good time helping Sister Lee make Christmas dinner.
| The Lee Family |
Then we went to another family. There was a lot of fighting and the house almost got lit on fire but the food was wonderful. haha we sang Silent night and like the room was filled with the spirit even though the previous 2 hours was fighting. It was awesome.
We then went to the Hamiltons! I was so excited. I love that family. We just visited with them and then sang Silent Night. It was really special.
| The Hamiltons!!!! |
The rest the week went well. We have a new investigator, her name is Betsy! She is hilarious and we are excited to start teaching her.
Oh and I got scratched by a cat this week, that was exciting. Then I was at a house and I high fived a little kid and the protective dog almost attacked me I am not having luck lately with animals. they are beginning to scare me.
Well that is about it this week. A quote from Sister Carrington this week: " I always tell my kids to wear sneaka's whereva they go" We asked why? "ya never know when ya need ta run". the next day we saw her son in church wearing his suit with sneakers. I think missionaries should wear sneakers. because I have almost been attacked by too many dogs.
Have a Happy New Year everyone!
love,.
Sister Steadman