Dear Everyone,
Oh man oh man, what a week. I don't even know where to begin. Actually I do. I am thankful for ALL OF YOU! I was thinking about that and I have endless things to be thankful for. Especially for all the wonderful influences you have been in my life. You all have really given me so much. Physically, emotionally and spiritually. When I think about it I know I have been so so so so blessed for all your influence.
SO THANK YOU!
On Monday we were at Sister Gelets house, we are trying to help her come to our ward instead of another. It was a really weird moment. All the sudden in our dinner she just started telling us everything and then like Josh Grobans “You raise me up” came on (people always turn on music for missionary dinners) and she said “ I know I need to come to the Pottstown Ward” Like the craziest thing. It was really cool though.
We had zone conference this week and our AP said something that really stuck out to us. He said No more random thoughts. Just act in it - because most the time it is the spirit. So that is what we have been doing. Wow what a world of difference it does make. On that very night we were in the church and a less active sister was there helping with cub scouts while I was practicing singing for the baptism. She listened in and I just felt prompted to say I would love to see you at the baptism to help support me. I didn't really think much of it and the next day we were at their house for dinner and we had a lot of good conversations and I didn't really bring up church because a lot of other gospel topics were talked about but when we left she said I'll see you on Sunday. (she has a husband and 2 kids who are members who haven't come in years)
| Brianna |
| Rich |
Fast forward to Sunday one of the most wonderful days I will ever remember. We had the baptism and I was so stressed because I had to teach the Gospel Principles class, sing at the baptism and take care of all the other things for the baptism and I was so stressed. But we got to church and the Hamiltons weren't there yet so I was stressing but I looked up and there were the Lucianos, 3 of them. Her husband even came. I like pretty much skipped for joy over to them (I didn't really) and then we sat down and all the sudden 2 other less active women came in and then the whole chapel was FILLED and I was still stressing because of the day. Oh and because church started and the Hamiltons weren't there yet. So that was nerve racking but they walked in right before the sacrament was given. I was crying during the sacrament. MY JOY WAS LITERALLY FULL (Alma 26) and I was soo happy. SO THANKFUL!
| Sister Fletcher, Rich, Brianna, Sister Steadman |
Then in gospel principals it was soo good. Even our stake president was there. So that went well. Then another amazing thing. We were in Relief society talking about hastening the work (go figure) and the YW president said. We made it a goal in Young Womans almost one year ago to have one new Young Woman baptized into the ward. They were very discouraged when they thought they weren't going to reach that goal. Two weeks ago they found out Brianna Hamilton was going to be baptized.
I just broke down in Relief Society. I could not deny what I had physically seen and felt in those 3 hours.
Oh did I mention we have been worried because we have no more investigators, but during that time bishop pulled us aside and said he wants us to teach one of the families nannies in the ward. She agreed and she is my age. But that is not even it. Brianna brought her friend and her grandparents. They felt the spirit. After that I had to lie down because I was so drained of stress and happy emotions haha.
Then after church all our plans fell through (always a bummer) so a random thought came to our mind to see a family. The Mayos! Sister Fletcher thought the exact same thing. So we did! and Sister Mayo was sooo excited to see us. Wow. I just could not believe that day I had. I can't put it into words. After I just was so thankful. I could not be thankful enough ever for Heavenly Father giving me such a good day.
Oh and Rich and Briannas baptism was beautiful. The chapel was FILLED because all the youth came I could not believe it. They were SO SO SO SO happy!
| Rich and Brianna SO SO SO Happy! |
Okay that was my crazy Sunday oh and my singing went well. But I want you all to know that this Gospel is true. That there is so much joy in this work. There is so many blessings all around us.
You are all a blessing to me. I know we are so blessed to know of our Heavenly Father who wants to bless us but most importantly we should be thankful to him for giving us everything. especially JOY in life.
You are all truly wonderful - (we have 3 dinner appointments for Thanksgiving.... hahaha not sure if we will go to all them. We shall see.)
I love you all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! :)
Love,
Sister Steadman